Nature Club was set up to create among the students the awareness about the importance of protecting our nature & environment. The club enlists student participation in maintaining a clean and healthy campus by planting more trees, holding seminars on topics related to current environmental problems and to conduct study tours to eco-tourism centers.
The activities under this club include:
- Motivate the students to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
- Observing environmentally important days like World Ozone day, World Forestry Day, World water day, World Environment Day etc by displaying banners.
- Motivate students to imbibe habits and life style for minimum waste generation, source separation of waste and disposing the waste to the nearest storage point.
- Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, not to throw them in public places as they choke drains and sewers, cause water logging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Organize tree plantation programmes, awareness programmes such as Quiz, Essay, Poster competitions regarding various environmental issues .
- Organize Nature Trail in Wild Life Sanctuaries/Parks/Forest areas to know about the Bio-diversity.